6 months post plication success

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainsman

This is a success story.

I'm 6 months post plication from a 45-50 degree upward bend right in the middle of my shaft.  My Peyronies Disease came on gradually over 6 months and started with a slight hourglass.  Eventually, it became absolutely unusable.  I would get a good strong erection but it would just bend in the middle.  Sex and masturbating became impossible.  In in my 40s and that is not acceptable.  I tried the RestoreX but I'm a physician with several kids and a busy practice and I do not have time for that crap.  And it didn't seem to be working.  My plaques were like steel.

I flew to Mayo and paid cash to see Dr Ziegleman.  I'm a physician and he was recommended by a urologist friend of mine. I am super busy and did not have time to return for multiple xiaflex injections and those things are extremely spendy.  Plus, no one in my home area does them so I would have to travel for each one. I had surgery the next day in the office under local anesthesia because I am self pay and Mayo quoted me $30k for a plication under general anesthesia vs $10k in the office.  I do not recommend doing this under local anesthesia unless you are pretty tough.  It was quite painful, not because of the physician, it's just a tough place to get completely numb. If you can do this under general anesthesia, that would be preferred.  But if you're tough, it's totally doable in the office and can save time and cash.  After the operation I went back to my hotel, got drunk and went to sleep, and flew home the next day at 5 am.

The next few nights at home, I also drank myself to sleep, with a cooler full of food grade ice packs held onto my shaft and chode, which also seemed quite sore. I had a vasectomy at the same time.  The worst part was in the coming month, I continued to get a raging boner about 3 times a night.  I didn't realize it happened that frequently.  I would wake up in excruciating pain as it felt like my penis was being ripped apart.  I would jump out of bed, stand up, and at times drop to my knees with pain.  I would walk around and try to get my erection to detumesce, and then the pain would subside.

Now I'm 6 months out.  My shaft is pretty straight, my erections are strong, and my wife and I are having a good sex life again.  I lost minimal length.  Masturbating is the hardest part.  My shaft doesn't feel the same, I can feel the plaques with my fingers, the sutures are palpable but not painful, and distal to my hour glass deformity I think my girth is a little more narrow.  At first, I couldn't masturbate.  I felt ashamed of what has happened to me.  I feel like I'm not as manly as I once was.    However, it is all a mental hurdle and if I can just forget about that crap, I can get'er done.

All in all, I would choose this option again and I will report back in another 6 months.

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

68andbent

I totally know what this does to you mentally.. shape, feeling, size.  I had two placations because the first one I had at Mayo in FL after 8 months ended up turning straight up looking me right in the eye.  The Second one done in Alabama mentioned in my others made me even shorter..I think pulled all my stuffing down to the bottom of the shaft and somehow pinched a nerve in the area of the gland attached to the shaft. I am straight, 4" erection good for nothing, I am a mangled man by this Dr. and I asked him about the pain and he said, O, that will never go away. Great. So I have pain and short stubby.  The stitching job needed 4 sessions of Kenalog injections done locally by a urogynecology Dr. that asked why we were not having intimacy. She numbed me and did the shots so i did not look like a porcupine.  However she could not help, no any other Dr. I have seen can help with the pain at the crown and shaft. I called this Dr. mentioned in prior note and asked him to totally remove all stitches and let me just be as whatever comes out. Hoping this would release the stitch or pinched nerve at the gland. His answer was, I am not doing any further surgery on you.  Naturally he documents his notes on the on line file slightly different.    But as far as mentally what this does to you....its been almost 3 years since he shortened me to useless.  intercourse is basically impossible... I know, I am not a man.  
Started 3 yrs ago. Had placation in July 2019. Second in 2022
I did notice shortening 
Second one distroyed sex life and left me with a lifetime of 24x7 penile pain.